Thursday, August 09, 2018
Field Tour 9:00 – 11:30
Okoboji View Golf Course
Lunch at Okoboji View 11:30 – 12:30 pm
Thursday Afternoon – conference presentations with plenary
Welcome and Opening 1:00 – 1:15
Plenary 1:15 – 2:00
Break 2:00 – 2:30
Concurrent Sessions 2:30 – 5:00
Track 1 – General Interest (Management Strategies)
- Lake Management Strategies – Appropriate Uses and Return on Investment.
- History of Carp and Commercially Incentivized Harvesting.
- Aquatic Vegetation Management.
- A Shallow, Recreational Lake Management Approach for Silver Lake, IA
- Avian Response to Shallow Lake Restoration.
Track 2 – Technical (Management Strategies)
- Silver Lake Diagnostic Studies
- Five Island Diagnostic Study
- Food Webs and Lake Dynamics
- Carp Management Research in Iowa
- Carp Management and Nutrients
Evening Social FYRA Sponsored
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Sundeck)
Friday, August 10, 2018
Breakfast 8:00 – 9:00
Plenary 9:00 – 9:45
Molly Hanson, Iowa Rivers Revival – “Women for Water”
Concurrent Sessions 10:00 – 12:00
Track 3 – General Interest: Get Involved/Call to Action!
- Land owner stories
- City of Okoboji Shoreline Ordinance
- Spirit Lake Sourcewater Protection Plan
- Headwater of the Little Sioux River WMA
Track 4 – Innovative Lake Research
- Monitoring and Modeling of Farmed Wetlands in Northwest Iowa
- Genetic Expression for Toxin Production in Blue-Green Algae.
- Early Detection of Harmful Algal Blooms
- Hydrologic Characteristics of Iowa Lakes
Friday Afternoon Field Sessions
Reeds Run Tour — Prairie Strips Practice Demonstration in Reeds Run Watershed
Sailing School and STEM Education
Kayak Tour of Marble Lake/Hottes Ecological Restoration
Organic Farm Tour
Laboratory Testing for Water Quality” at the State Hygienic Laboratory
Tour of the State Hygienic Laboratory
Hands-on Water Quality Experience, Citizens Advocacy Training and Women for Water Social
Saturday, August 11, 2018
|All Day||Okoboji Blue Water Festival (www.okobojibluewaterfestival.com)|